Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Conservatory Goings-On



I got a new cell phone a few weeks ago and I got really behind on posting any pictures because I couldn't figure out how to get them off the new phone. But I just bought a micro SD card and now I have uploaded them all to my computer... So here come the picture posts!  This giant guitar ice sculpture was part of a festival for the famous guitarist, Pepe Romero, who received an honorary doctorate from the conservatory a few weeks ago. I heard Pepe play in his concert and it was really amazing. This ice sculpture was amazing too.  




Below is a picture from where I was sitting in the balcony of the recital hall at the conservatory, where Leon Fleisher was teaching a master class.  The student in the picture was playing the Beethoven 2nd Concerto, as I recall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment