Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Stress!

Tomorrow morning I have a first staging for one of the opera scenes I will be performing in this semester, but I just got the email about it today so I am trying to quick memorize my aria!!   And I caught a yucky cold this past weekend that made me miss my coaching on the music on Friday.  Crazy this life!   I just barely got the aria memorized about five minutes ago, and of course it's shaky.   What do you think the best strategy for me to take over the next 8 hours before class at 9 a.m.?   Should I just go to sleep and then wake up early and go through it a few times more before class?   Should I stay up later and keep solidifying it?  Should I go to bed for an hour or two and then get up and see if my subconscious has done some work on it and then re-affirm that work by going through it again??    I'm actually thinking of trying the latter.  

Working under pressure like this is kind of a bummer, but I have to admit that when I was back in Billings I was really missing the excitement of performances and lessons and reasons to learn things and reasons to polish the music that I was working on.  So, I will be grateful.   Just pray for me that I can do okay over the next few days!  

And my cold is still making my voice hoarse....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment