Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Another push

There is always more to do... My concert went pretty well on Friday night.  I sang three arias by Handel:  Care Selve (from L'Allegro and Il Penseroso),  Sweet Bird (from Atalanta), and Oh Had I Jubal's Lyre (from Joshua).  Then I sang a Bach aria from "The Hunt" cantata:  "Sheep May Safely Graze."   My favorite part was performing with the flautists and harpsichordist. That was a lot of fun.

Now I am trying to frantically get ready for my audition at the University of Colorado in Boulder in only a week and a half.  I have to play an hour's worth of music plus a cello sonata.  I am re-auditioning for scholarships for their doctoral program.  The nice thing is I am already definitely accepted into the program because I auditioned there last year and they accepted me, but I chose to defer my enrollment for one year so that I could go to the San Francisco Conservatory and get the Professional Studies Diploma.   They said that if I choose to defer they cannot guarantee a scholarship, so I have to go and re-audition for scholarships and graduate assistantships now.  My audition is on February 12th.  I'm pretty nervous about it.  I feel like I haven't had enough time to prepare for it with everything else that has been going on. 

On Thursday this week I play a mini-concert for the governor of Montana, who is coming to San Francisco for a meeting with the "Montana Ambassadors".  I am going to play "La Campanella" by Franz Liszt, and then I will have my "improvising-while-singing" debut!  They wanted me to perform a song that was related to Montana, something country-western.  So I am going to sing a song that Dan Seals and Marie Osmund performed as a duet, called "Meet me in Montana".   I'm going to accompany myself on the piano with chords while I sing... just like Billy Joel! :-)    I'm excited about that.  It makes me happy because my improvising is getting so much better.... I would not have been able to do such a thing even a year ago. 

But now I should go and get some sleep.  I have a voice lesson with Jane early in the morning.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment