Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

On my way

Tomorrow I leave for my audition in Colorado!  I am so nervous and excited and I feel weird! 

I played through my entire program yesterday for my studio class (the class where all of Paul's students meet to play and listen to each other and give each other comments).  It actually went really well. I was very happy overall.  I think it was probably the cleanest I have ever played an hour-long program...which means I am getting better!   I didn't really have any memory slips...and relatively few technical mishaps either.  My friend Hannah afterwards said, "You have nothing to worry about!  You didn't make any mistakes!"      It's not really true -- I did make mistakes, but if she couldn't tell that is a good sign!  She is a very good musician.   Paul also made me play and sing my "Meet me in Montana" song for the class that I performed for Governor Schweitzer last week.   They all liked that too.

    ......................................

Tomorrow my flight is a straight shot from San Francisco to Denver. That will be nice. When I fly anywhere from Billings I always have a layover.

So, here's the schedule:  I fly in to Denver/Boulder tomorrow evening.  On Thursday I practice and look around the city to get an idea of where I might want to live if I go there in the fall...  Friday I have my accompanying audition where I will perform the first movement of Beethoven's 2nd Cello Sonata unrehearsed and have a sight-reading test.  Then Saturday morning I have an interview with Dr. Korevaar for the teaching assistantship.  Saturday afternoon at 2:50 I will play my hour long solo audition program. Then I fly back to San Francisco on Sunday.

When I come back it will be back to classes and I will need to start practicing the  Ravel Concerto like crazy for the concerto competition!!!!!

Wish me luck!   I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I can...

 

2 comments: