Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Monday, February 28, 2011

Concerto finals!!

I played tonight in the SFCM concerto competition...  and I got a message on my phone about a half hour ago from my accompanist, Keisuke, that said:  "Congrats! Looking forward to the finals!"   I hadn't heard anything yet, but he saw the results posted on the SFCM website at about 11:30 or midnight -- and I am on there as one of the finalists!   I am so happy!  But now I have to get ready for the final round on Friday!  There were four pianists chosen out of twenty-one for the finals, and on Friday the four of us will play our entire concertos through with our accompanists in the concert hall for the public.  Then the judges will choose one winner to perform with the SFCM orchestra next year...  so please send me all the positive energy and powers and prayers that you can (or good "mojo" as my voice teacher from L.A. calls it!).    I will be working very hard the next few days...

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

Goodnight!

2 comments: