Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Sunday, February 13, 2011

All done!

Oh my goodness I have been laying in bed trying to sleep for two hours... but it has been so hard to fall to sleep these past few days!  Tonight I finally decided to give up and write on my blog instead.

I am sitting here in a hotel room in Boulder, Colorado. My flight leaves tomorrow at noon to go back to San Francisco.  I am here with my dad....He drove here from Montana to meet me and we drove around Boulder a lot this weekend to look at the area and possible places to live (if everything comes through for me with a scholarship).  Tonight we had a movie and pizza party in our hotel room to celebrate because I had my solo audition today at CU! I am very happy because I think it went quite well.  I messed up in my left hand at the first entrance in my Scarlatti sonata (L. S6), but all the repeated notes after that were perfect.   A couple of other minor mistakes happened in some of the other pieces - but I think it was an effective performance.   I prepared an hour long program but they only listened to bits and pieces of it.  They probably heard about 20 minutes of my playing altogether.   That is how it always is at these sorts of auditions.  The judges will stop you in the middle of a piece and then ask to hear something else. 

This morning I had my interview with Dr. Korevaar for the teaching assistantship, and yesterday was the audition for the accompanying assistantship.  Those also went alright I think...  We will see though!

The university just remodeled its concert hall and it is so pretty!  I'm going to paste some pictures here I found of the various music halls at CU that I found on their website:

Grusin Music Hall where my audition was today (except there were only the three piano faculty members in the audience!): 

And from the onstage vantage point (where I was - sitting at that beautiful Steinway):


Here is the outside of the music building (but right now it is actually all snowy!):



The BIG hall (called Macky Auditorium). They mostly perform operas and symphony concerts here:



Nice, yes?  Maybe one day I will be able to play to a full house in Macky!  That would be awesome.   I heard that Macky seats about 2000 people.  The biggest audience I have ever played for so far was at the Alberta Bair Theater in Billings -- That was when I played the Mozart Concerto and that was a sold-out concert in a hall of about 1300 seats.  That made me happy!


I am so happy this audition is all over.  Now I can focus my concentration back on what is going on in San Francisco. And I will be back there tomorrow afternoon!    Time is such a strange thing...

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment