Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Saturday, January 29, 2011

And another...

This is another recording from that same performance in November. It is a traditional ballad that has been sung for centuries, called "Barbara Allen".  I performed it a capella - at the suggestion (and near insistance) of my Baroque Ensemble director, Corey Jamason.  I put pictures on the video from the photoshoot Rachel took of me last summer -- Some of the lyrics in the song seemed to fit perfectly with the pictures such as  "When green buds were a-swellin" and "As she went walking through the fields", etc.


When I first performed this ballad for the Baroque Ensemble class, a bunch of people started crying! It is a sad story.

Enjoy!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmb9pj-ZzQ

No comments:

Post a Comment