Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Wonderful Christmas Present


I have to tell you an amazing story that happened to me.  Those of you who have been reading my blog may remember that I wrote a few weeks ago about how my laptop has not been functioning since this summer... The hard drive crashed and everything on it got deleted, and the computer was totally unusable because of it.  It was driving me crazy not to have my laptop at school but I was waiting until I could get a little more money to be able to afford a new hard drive to fix it...

Well, soon after I wrote that blog post,  I received an email from a very nice person who read about my problem on my blog offered to pay to have the hard drive fixed for me. His name is Niclas and he left a couple of comments on my blog before (and on Youtube as MrCapacitors).  I wrote back and said that I would be very happy to have it fixed - but that it would probably cost about $100.   He wrote back and said that was fine - and before I had the chance to write back he wrote again, saying that if my laptop is old perhaps it would be better for me just to get a new laptop, and then offered to pay for a completely new laptop for me.

It seemed almost too good to be true... I didn't want to get my hopes up too much in case it actually didn't happen...  but this generous person actually went right away and found a computer that would be good for my needs (especially for the sound and video editing that I do), and transferred the money to my paypal account.  So I ordered a wonderful new HP laptop from Amazon the night before last... And it came with free one-day shipping for Christmas so it got here today! I am writing this blog post on it right now!  I am sooooo happy about it - what a wonderful surprise Christmas present. 

Tonight is the first time in months that I can upload pictures straight from my camera again (I could only send pictures from my cell phone before)!  And here is a picture of my new computer:


Pretty, yes?  It even has a fingerprint scanner!!!

Soon I will start putting some more music online... I'm so excited! 

Merry Merry Christmas!  And thank you so much to Niclas who just made my life much easier...

:-)




No comments:

Post a Comment