Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Audition results... and other news

I got the results from my audition for Gilbert and Sullivan's "Trial by Jury" at last! (I auditioned December 10th in San Francisco before I left for home). Here is the email they sent me: 


Dear Jacquelyn:

I'm sorry to tell you that we will not be offering you a role in the upcoming productions of  "Trial By Jury" and "Engaged". We saw an exceptional group of incredibly talented people at the auditions, which has made the decision-making very difficult. Unfortunately there are just not enough roles to go around!

Thank you so much for auditioning. We do hope to see you back to audition for other Lamplighters shows soon!  

With very best wishes,
Sarah

Sarah Vardigans
General Manager
Lamplighters Music Theatre


So that won't be happening this spring.  That makes me a little sad, but it is probably actually a good thing because maybe it would have made my schedule too busy this semester. 

I got an email from David Korevaar (a concert pianist and teacher) at the University of Colorado in Boulder this week as well, informing me that they would like me to re-audition in January or February for scholarships for their program this coming year. CU Boulder was the first school I auditioned for last January. The audition went very well and I liked the school a lot, so I was seriously considering going there until I got offered the scholarship at the San Francisco Conservatory.   Since the Professional Studies Diploma at the San Francisco Conservatory is only one year long, however, I decided to defer my enrollment at the University of Colorado until next fall so that I could plan on going straight there after my year at SFCM.  

Now because of the my CU scholarship audition coming up, I have a lot of music to practice and and prepare by February 12th  (the date I chose for my audition). So, like I said, it is probably for the best that I didn't get into "Trial by Jury".... 

Of course I still would have loved to have been in it!


Tonight my family opened presents for Christmas (we have a tradition of opening them on Christmas Eve).  I got some new shirts, a beeping remote-control key-finding keychain (because I am always losing my keys), and... a new portable hard drive from my Mom and Dad to go with my new laptop from Niclas!  That will be very handy for backing up all my important files.  I'm so excited to get to work again!

 Things have been so busy this week with my family. It has been a lot of fun, but I can't wait to start practicing all my new music and working on recording!  I might practice a little bit tomorrow even though it's Christmas.

Tomorrow we get to talk to my brother Joseph on the telephone for the first time since he left on his mission in September.  It will be so nice to hear his voice!  He will call us on our home phone at 2:00 in the afternoon.   All of the family will be here to talk to him... I'm excited about that!

All my family has gone to bed so I'm going to go and get a little sleep now too...

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment