Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Monday, December 6, 2010

Last week of the semester

First of all as an update - The concert on Thursday went really well!  I was so relieved when after the first movement finished, a man in the audience yelled out, "WOW!" and the whole audience started clapping, even though they knew it wasn't the end yet.  After the whole piece was finished (it's about 43 mins long), we got a standing ovation - so I know the audience liked it.  That makes me very happy.

 Now it's the last week of class... I have a final project due in Continuo class - which is a sonata by Handel for Oboe and continuo.  I will have to learn it and rehearse it on my own with the oboist, and then perform it in class Thursday for the final.

I also have two finals this week for Italian, because I am taking both the beginning and intermediate classes simultaneously this year.

I'm so excited because next semester I will be taking a class in jazz improvisation!   That is something I have been wanting to learn how to do for a long time.

And on Friday I have a singing audition for a San Francisco theater company called, "Lamplighters", which specializes in Gilbert and Sullivan operas.   I have to learn the excerpts this week for that, as well.

So, this week is very busy... but when it's over the semester will be over!! And then I will have a nice break at home in Montana.

I'd better go get practicing....

No comments:

Post a Comment