Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

In about thirty-six hours I will be boarding a flight to go to San Francisco... I'm so excited!  I almost can't believe it's already been six months since I was there... and then on the other hand, it seems like it's been a year already. 

I have two lessons scheduled with Paul, for Thursday and Saturday.  Saturday evening will be Hannah's concert, and then I think we are all going to go out for dinner.  That will be fun!    Yoshi, my chamber music coach from my first semester, will come too.

I'm so nervous to play for Paul again!  It has been quite a while since I have had a lesson with anybody, or performed my concerto for anyone... but that's why this is good for me, right?

I asked my friend, Anna if she could listen to me play through the concerto tomorrow before I leave for SF the next day... at least then I can be a little nervous again, and see if and where I have trouble.


I've been working on a number of new original songs recently, which I am excited about.  I feel like my improvisation on the piano needs to get a little better before I can make a good recording of them though.  But all things come in time, right?

Okay --  I'm going to go play through my concerto before I head to bed.

Goodnight!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment