Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Plans in the making

I don't remember if I wrote about this before, but just to fill you in to the plans I have been busy making for next year. . . .    In September and October I was very occupied working on my application for a Fulbright scholarship/grant to study abroad in Italy next year.  They will let me know in January if I am selected as a final candidate.   

But, since I don't know what the outcome of that will be, I am also planning to apply to a couple of different Master's programs now, in voice!   I called my teacher, Jane Randolph from the San Francisco Conservatory today, and talked to her about the possibility, and she seemed positive about the idea of me coming.  So I will definitely make an application to SFCM, and then a couple of other places I haven't decided yet (but I am hoping for SFCM...and/or Italy...!).  

And today I bought a plane ticket to go back to San Francisco for a few days in early December.  My friend Hannah Nicholas won the lower string concerto competition at the conservatory last spring, right after I won the piano concerto competition (both of us from Paul Hersh's studio!  - Paul, by the way, teaches both piano and viola at the conservatory.).   So I will go hear her play her concert on December 3rd.     While I'm there I will have a couple of lessons with Paul on my concerto and a couple of lessons with Jane on my Met audition program.   I'm excited - it will be nice to go on a trip and get back to the big city for a while (and out of the December weather in Montana!  :-).   

I've been working on getting a couple of other videos posted on youtube but for some reason when I put them through my software right now the sound doesn't come up matching with the video, so I have to work on that some more....

I have to get up early tomorrow to play the organ at church!   Goodnight...




No comments:

Post a Comment