Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Friday, October 28, 2011

Change in Plan

Well, I've had to call off my audition this weekend for the Metropolitan Opera National Council.    I was supposed to be leaving today with my dad and my accompanist, Sandi Rabas.... However today my cough has gotten worse enough that I feel like I can barely speak two words without coughing and I have a headache and an earache... So altogether it's not looking so good.  

I tried singing a few things over the phone yesterday for my teacher Dennis and he was surprised, for as sick as I am, that I could do as much as I could do, but still some of the notes just didn't want to come out and it was really unpredictable when they would come out and when they wouldn't.

However all is not lost -- I plan to submit another application to compete instead in the Met auditions in January in Denver.  It's just that the trip is a little farther and it will be fairly close to my performance with the orchestra at the San Francisco Conservatory so it will be a little more stressful.   But I will have a lot of time until then to get my program really polished,  so maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

Now I think I'm going to take some Nyquil and go back to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment