Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ah, La vita!

Sorry that it has been so long since I last made a post on my blog!  I have been so busy since I started teaching at MSU this semester, it has been crazy.    

I decided (at my teacher Dennis' encouragement) to try the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions this year, and the first round is coming up for me next weekend in Pocatello, Idaho!  My dad is going to drive down there with me and my accompanist, Sandi Rabas.  The competition will take place in the afternoon on Saturday, October 29th.

This Sunday I am going to give a mini-recital in preparation for the competition, to try performing all of the repertoire (a lot of it I have never performed before!).  

Here are my 5 arias that I have decided on for the audition:

Les oiseux dans la charmille (The Doll Song) from Tales of Hoffman by Offenbach
Ou va la jeune indoue (The Bell Song) from Lakme by Delibes
Tornami a vagheggiar from Alcina by Handel
Deh vieni non tardar from the Marriage of Figaro by Mozart
Willow Song from The Ballad of Baby Doe by Douglas Moore


My mom got a new video camera this week and I asked her to record the recital on Sunday so hopefully I will be able to get a good recording of something I can put up!


My mom took this picture of me doing yoga the other day... I'm just beginning to be able to hold this pose for a short period of time (anywhere between 10 and 30 seconds) without losing my balance:


Cool yes?   My fingers look like they are posed and ready to play the piano down there on the carpet...

No comments:

Post a Comment