Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tired

Oh my goodness things have been so busy and crazy... There are only two more weeks left of school - except for my recital on May 15th. It's so crazy! These nine months have gone by very fast.

I have been so stressed out with so many things to do -- final projects for continuo, improv, and oratorio classes, my recital planning/practicing, three classes of Italian (lo imparo parlare molto meglio! -I am learning to speak it much better!), voice lessons, piano lessons, studio class, Baroque Ensemble voice classes... Aaaaaaaaaa!!!   Thinking about all of it all the time is making it very difficult (if not impossible) for me to sleep - and for the past 2 weeks I only slept on average three hours per night.  I just lay there for hours, trying to sleep, but not succeeding.  The last two nights I have taken some melatonin (at my Mom's suggestion) to help me, which it has somewhat... but it makes my head feel a little weird so I don't really like it.   But it's better to sleep with melatonin than to go crazy from not sleeping!  It's been making me feel like a bit of an emotional basket case being so tired.

Anyway.. I will make it. Just a couple more weeks. And then I will be so sad to leave because I have learned so much here this year and made so many friends and worked with so many wonderful teachers.  But I don't have to think about that now.

I had a concert today for continuo class, where I accompanied a cellist on a sonata by Bonocini, playing the harpsichord.  That marks my very first harpsichord performance on stage, ever!  I'm sure there will be more to come.

I think I might go try to take a little nap and get some dinner now.  Happy week after Easter, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment