Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Program

Oh my gosh the days have been sooo busy here at the conservatory I have had no time to write!  I am so tired tonight... But I wanted to write just a litte bit before I go to bed.

Today I had a lesson with Jane and we spent it looking at possible music for my recital program. I think I have pretty much decided on the songs I will sing and the pieces I will play.  Now I just have to learn them!!! I have one month - I think (and hope) it will be possible.  I've got to get back to practicing long hours.

Did I tell you that my Italian teacher, Brian Neilson, invited me to go to the Advanced Italian class now?  I am so happy!  That happened last week.  It actually happened when I missed my intermediate class and he said I could come to the advanced one to make it up, but then when I went he told me that I could keep coming.  Of course I'm happy to go and have the opportunity to keep getting better so fast at Italian!  The advanced class is a lot of fun because it is just a few students that sit around a small table in Professor Neilson's (we call him Brioni) office.  He brings snacks and we sit and work on exercises together, watch Italian movies and have discussions in Italian.  I love it!  Now I really want to go to Italy this summer.  I am hoping it can work out.  I applied to a summer chamber music festival that one of the teachers here runs, called the Zephyr Chamber Music Festival.  Mack McCray is the director.  Mr. McCray came into my practice room a couple of weeks ago and told me that Paul "highly recommended" me to him for the festival - so I submitted an application and played my audition last Thursday.

So in case you are curious what I am currently thinking will be my program for my recital, here it is:

Piano: Bach: Prelude and Fugue in F-sharp Major (I think from Book 2)
Voice: Bach: "Aus liebe" from the St. Matthew Passion

Piano: Schubert: Sonata in A Major, Op. 120
Voice: Schubert: Du Bist di Ruh
                        Im Fruhling

Piano: Liszt: Paganini Etudes Nos. 3 and 4
Voice: Liszt: I Love But Thee
                  Oh When I Dream

Piano: Rachmaninoff: Moment Musicaux Nos. 4 and 5 (or 3 and 4)
Voice: Rachmaninoff: I Long for Thee
                               Lilacs


How does it look?  I hope it's not too long (or too short)... I need to figure out the exact timings for all the pieces. But I can do that tomorrow.   

This will be a very interesting experience for me because this will be the first recital that I have ever given like this - where I sing and play classical music on the same concert.   I am wondering if it might be difficult to "switch gears" so much back and forth between singing and playing... But it's something I really want to do, so if it is difficult then I will just need to get better at it!  And of course there always has to be a first time for everything.

Well I guess I will go and get a little sleep now.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment