Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Friday, August 20, 2010

Wonderful day...

I have to tell you (or somebody... or everybody)  I am so happy!  Today I auditioned for roles in the San Francisco Conservatory Opera.  My audition went well I think... I sang the "Hello" song from Menotti's opera, The Telephone, and one verse of the "Doll Song" from Offenbach's Tales of Hoffman.   I also had my first voice lesson with Jane Randolph, whom I will be studying with while I am here at the conservatory (in addition to my wonderful current teacher in L.A. who got me to where I am now with my voice - Dennis Rupp).
   This was my first meeting with Ms. Randolph - She had never heard me sing before.   But she seemed happy to take me as a student, and said she thinks that I'm (in her words: ) "very bright, so this is going to be fun!"  :-D      I just found out that she also was/is Frederica von Stade's teacher (famous mezzo-soprano).   Here's a link to one of Stade's videos, and a link to an interview she had where she talked about going to a lesson with Ms. Randolph:

http://ginnyprior.com/2005/12/07/the-world-is-frederica-von-stades-stage-but-alameda-is-home/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Jvr5lg8vE


So, this WILL be fun I think!  I feel so blessed to be in this place right now.   We will see what else this year holds in store!   :-)....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! Keep us posted on any roles you get :) And she's right. You are very bright.

    ReplyDelete