Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Orientation Week

Okay - I finally got a password and access to the computer lab at the conservatory - so I am back online!  I edited out all the weird little blurbs from the pictures that I sent to my blog from my cellphone - so they should look better now.

Today I auditioned for the chamber music class at the conservatory... It went pretty well, I think.  I guess they usually only admit like four people into the class each semester, so we will see what happens. 

This week has been so busy with so many things! Tomorrow I will be auditioning in voice for the baroque ensemble... Hopefully that goes well, as well!  I'll be singing "Tornami a Vagheggiar" from Handel's opera, Alcina.   Then Friday I will take placement exams for an Italian class.

I had my first lesson with my teacher, Paul Hersh, yesterday!  He is really great and the lesson went well. We worked on the first movement of the Ravel concerto. He said he has never learned the Ravel himself, but he sight-read the orchestral reduction on the piano very well while I played my part and then we worked on the interpretation. He has high expectations of me (which is good!), but I am going to have to work and practice really hard!!!

  I also talked to a voice teacher today, Jane Randolph, about the possibility of studying voice with her as an elective.  She is going to call me later tonight.... ! :-D  I'm excited about that, too.

Lots of things happening...  I'm gonna go and practice!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds busy, busy. I'm glad you're back online. What happened to your laptop??

    ReplyDelete