Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Monday, October 28, 2013

Walls

Sometimes in life it seems like you just keep hitting walls...or maybe the walls keep hitting you?  Somehow you keep running into the exact same trouble, trying and trying for years to overcome the same problems, the same weaknesses.

It's hard to be an artist.  It's hard to be a human being...a human being who needs things like, food, and sleep, and love, and exercise, and music, and accomplishment, and relationships, and fun, and relaxation, and meditation, and change, and constancy.  It is hard to be human...because we are all human, and we are constantly moving and searching for our needs and trying to provide for the needs of others and somehow always being not quite competent at either.

Life is hard for humans.

But of course I would rather be a human than any other creature.  Especially since I have known the joy of making music...and now I would be absolutely miserable without it.  It's such a constant nagging in me...and I HAVE to do it, one way or another. Whether or not I'm ever really "famous" or "successful" at it, I still have to do it, no matter what.  I have to keep improving my craft, keep expressing myself through this beautiful and amazing art form.  I HAVE to, you know?  I just cannot imagine myself ever devoting myself to something else instead.  Not in this life, anyway...

So even when the walls are there, I cannot stop. I'll keep beating my head against them until either they break, or I am dead. :-)

I will do this thing.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment