Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Monday, October 21, 2013

New Goals

I am happy because I got this email from the Bachauer International Piano Competition a few days ago:


gblogo grayscale copy
Dear Jacquelyn Weitz:

The GINA BACHAUER INTERNATIONAL PIANO FOUNDATION is pleased to acknowledge that we have received your official application for the 2014 GINA BACHAUER INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS PIANO COMPETITION to take place in Salt Lake City, Utah from June 11-25, 2014.

We are pleased to report that we have received 200 applications from candidates throughout the world.

It is our pleasure to invite you to audition in Salt Lake City on February 4, 2014 at 2:00 PM. The auditions will take place at:

The Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center
Jeanne Wagner Theater
138 West Broadway
Salt Lake City, UT 84128
801-297-4250

We recommend that you arrive at the audition site 30 minutes prior to your audition time in order to have a warm-up period and to become accustomed to the setting. 
During the audition, candidates will begin with a selection of their own choice, followed by one or more requests from the jury (as time allows).
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to e-mail or telephone the offices of the Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation
            Telephone:  +1 801.297.4250
e-mail:  info@bachauer.com

We look forward to the pleasure of making your personal acquaintance and the opportunity to hear your audition performance, and we extend our very best wishes for much success.

Sincerely,

Kary Billings
Chairman of the Board

Douglas Humphreys
Artistic Director



I sent an application in to them the DAY of the deadline....nothing was working the week before with their website and I kept losing all of my saved work and having to start over again and again.  But once I finally got it submitted I heard back from them pretty quickly.  I am excited to have a new performance goal to be working toward in my piano!

The audition on February 4th is just to audition to GET IN to the competition in the first place, so we'll see if I actually end up a competitor.  That would make me happy, though!



I am also really happy because people have been telling me recently that my singing is improving a lot.  My friend, Crystal, heard me sing one of my arias from Serse in the practice room the other day, and she said she couldn't believe how much I have improved since last year.   She said my sound is  thicker and more focused. And when I auditioned for the operas this fall, one of the directors told me that my voice has gotten much bigger since last year.   

Jane was also really happy with me at my lesson that day, and even suggested that I might continue with a Postgraduate Diploma in Vocal Performance from the Conservatory, after my Master's Degree.   That was really encouraging to hear.  The reality is that it's only sort of an option, depending on my financial situation in another year or two..... In my current situation it's a bit of an impossibility, but we'll see what happens!   As Jane said, "Well, you never know..."


No comments:

Post a Comment