Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Monday, July 9, 2012

This morning at four A.M. my family and I returned from Cooperstown, North Dakota, where we gave a fundraising concert for the Cooperstown Museum, as well as a memorial for my step-Grandfather who passed away two years ago.  My sister Rachel, Daniel Montoya (her boyfriend), and I sang popular, country, and folk music, and Rachel and I played some classical piano pieces on an 1863 rectangular Steinway grand piano.   It was an intense weekend...it is a ten hour drive from Billings to Cooperstown.  And then a ten-hour drive back again.   But it was a good experience.   I improvised accompaniments for myself on some songs I hadn't performed before, like "Some Enchanted Evening," and "Red River Valley". 

I'm thinking maybe to make some money when I move to San Francisco in August I might look for a job playing/singing at a restaurant.   I think my improv skills are starting to be solid enough that I could be passable.    It would force me to keep working on it regularly, as well, and expanding my song repertoire.  

Do you know that in only one month I will move to San Francisco?   And then I will live there for two (or at least two) full years.    I feel so strange!  But so happy.   San Francisco has been very good to me so far.

Now to figure out what to do with the remaining month before I leave... I have a friend in Texas that wants to make some recordings of me, if I go down there.  But I'm not sure if I want to take a couple of weeks right now when I am about to move, or if I should just stay here and practice and get ready for the placement exams and auditions I will have to take in August for the classes and ensembles at the conservatory.    I also need to do some things like clean out my messy room, haha.  Plus if I leave I will not be able to keep teaching my students who are taking lessons over the summer so I will lose money.   But, on the other hand, I will have some good new recordings.   My friend Matt was a recording engineer for the Fort Worth Symphony in Texas, so he knows what he is doing.

Lots to think about.

For now, I think I'm going to go practice some yoga. 

No comments:

Post a Comment