Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Monday, June 13, 2011

back home

Here I am again, back home in Montana.  It is very nice to be home, and it feels so weird!!!  I just lived in San Francisco for a year, and now all of the sudden I'm back here again, and it feels like I've been in some sort of time warp - because my life in San Francisco was so completely different from my life in Montana, and now I return to Montana, and my life is almost exactly the same as it was when I left.

Now I am figuring out what to do with myself again...  I am thinking now that I really really want to try to go to Italy to live for at least a little while sometime within the next two years. I studied Italian so intensely this year at the conservatory, and I was able to go through the beginning, intermediate, and advanced Italian classes, but I am still not fluent. My Italian teacher told me though, that he thinks that if I went to Italy, even for just a few months, that my Italian would get to be amazing.   I also know several wonderful piano teachers in Italy that I have worked with before at different piano festivals.   Wouldn't that be exciting?  I think I might apply for a Fulbright scholarship for next year so that I can get some money to go... We will see what happens.

I am really excited because my parents said they are going to buy me some basic recording equipment and let me set up a small recording studio in one of the rooms of their house.  I am so excited about that - It will make it a lot easier for me to make and edit recordings, and get them posted online!  If I can get some professional-quality stuff maybe I could even start making them downloadable... and maybe even make a little money at it!! That would make me sooo happy.

I find myself missing my teachers in San Francisco this week... but next week I will have some lessons with my teacher here, Dorothea, so that will make me feel better.  I always like having another person's input on my playing.

I feel so excited one second... and then so discouraged the next... and then so hopeful... and then so afraid...  Life is so strange!!!

I lay awake at night for the past three nights until 4, 5, or 6 am every morning.  My mind has just been whirring and I can't get myself to fall asleep.  But today I had to get up early for church so maybe I am tired enough to fall to sleep more easily tonight.  Here's hoping!!!  

I have some pictures from some of my adventures in San Francisco and the trip home that I will be posting soon.

ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment