Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Thursday, June 30, 2011

busy again...

It seems like forever since I've written but I guess really it's only been about ten days...

But I am home now in Montana.   And life is good.   I have a little bit of exciting news and that is that I am going to be teaching voice and music theory this coming year at the local college - Montana State University Billings.  That will be a very interesting new experience for me.

I also just accepted my first-ever improv student... a lady called MSUB looking for a teacher that could help her learn to improvise and understand chord progressions at the piano, and guess who they recommended?? That's right, me.  I'm a little intimidated since I feel like I'm still learning how to improvise myself, but I am sure I can help her.  There aren't many people in Billings, MT who do this sort of thing.   And we will continue learning together, right?

I tried to get a new video posted the other day, but my software is not sophisticated enough to do the things I want with the video editing.  I have a couple songs from my recital I am going to post but first I have to get the new software that will allow me to have more than one video track at once.   I have some different camera angles I want to use in a single video, but with only one video track --every time I try to make an edit all the synchronization gets messed up between all the other video cuts and the audio.

Guess what I've decided to do now?? Yoga!  I met this girl in San Francisco that was an AMAZING yogi...and she totally inspired me.  I'm going to start taking ballet too (I took ballet for a few years before I left for my master's degree), but I really want to start dancing again, and doing things artistically and expressively with my body.  I think it helps my playing to dance, as well, and of course it's just healthy in general.  Plus the flexibility and strength required to do yoga poses will really help me with my dancing, as well... I'm so excited!

Before I start yoga or dance classes though, I have to start teaching a few lessons again so that I can have the money to pay for them!!!  So much to do, always.   It's exciting though.  

I am about to go work on cleaning out the spare room of my house because we have company coming in a couple of days.   I will post more soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment