Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Time keeps Rolling

I can't believe how fast time is going.  My last semester at the San Francisco Conservatory begins next week.

Today I had my first coaching with Corey (the Baroque Ensemble/Opera director) since before Christmas break.  It went pretty well, I thought.  I was happy because he said that one of my cadenzas that I wrote for one of my arias "made his day".  He said it's a little bit out of character for the piece...but he thinks he is going to let me do it, anyway. 

Last night I was goofing around in the lobby at the dorm with my friend Prawesh, who is from Nepal.  I was singing some songs and then he asked me if I could sing a song he really likes and he could record it.  We made a silly little video...which I then posted to my vlog on Youtube. Here it is:




I'm sure my pronunciation is awful!  But what would you expect for a first-time 15-minute lesson in another language?


I have been getting really stressed and worried lately about what on earth I am going to do after I graduate in May to make a living... I would like to stay in San Francisco, if possible...but everything is insanely expensive here so I have been concerned about what I will do.  Of course I want to devote myself full-time to my music, but at the moment, nobody is paying me for the  hours I spend practicing (hopefully one day, hehe), so I'll have to find a way to make ends meet in the mean-time.

I've been worrying about it, but then all of the sudden yesterday I felt really happy...realizing that once I am out of school, I actually will be able to devote myself full-time to finding work, and to developing a career that can support me.  So there is no point in being worried right now.

Even if I had to work for minimum-wage for a while somewhere (which I don't think I will because I already have a teaching job that pays more than that where I could get more hours), I think I could find a way to survive here, getting a roommate and sharing a house or an apartment together. So everything will be alright.

I really want to stay and keep studying voice with Jane, because I feel like she is helping my singing immensely.   There are also just lots of wonderful opportunities to make music with other wonderful musicians, opportunities which would be difficult, if not impossible to find if I were to move back to Montana or a similar place.

So here I am.  And we will see what happens.  For now I just need to PRACTICE.  AAaaaaaaa!!!

Ciao for now...  

No comments:

Post a Comment