Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy News

I have to tell you that I am so happy right now!  On Wednesday I got a letter from the financial aid office at SFCM, informing me about my scholarship - which will be $20,000 per year for the two years of my Master's!   I am so happy about that.  Unfortunately it still doesn't cover tuition... (it's sooo expensive!), but a good portion of it.   For the rest I am going to try to raise some money through some fundraising recitals this summer, and what I don't cover with that I will have to pay for with student loans.

Jane called me yesterday and said, "So you got your scholarship letter yesterday?  You got a good one!" and she was wondering if I was going to come.   I said yes.  She said, "Oh I'm so excited!  We are going to have so much fun."    I'm so excited, too!

I'm going to have so many opportunities to perform and learn vocally that I have never had before in my life -  in masterclasses and with weekly private coachings on my music, and in classes on diction and acting and opera workshops and all sorts of wonderful things.   I'm so happy!

So... that's my news.   :-)

1 comment: