Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Saturday, January 14, 2012

What to Wear?

Okay - so for my concert with the SFCM orchestra in February, I ordered a custom-sewn dress (made to my measurements) from a dress shop in China, but it didn't turn out to be quite what I wanted.   The color of the dress was supposed to be hunter green, but instead it is kind of minty, pale green (which for some reason with my skin tone makes me look really pale and kind of sickly).  And even though the dress is sewn to my measurements, somehow it fits a little big on me.  And when I sit at the piano, the sleeves fall down off my shoulders... which would not be good in a concert.   It is pretty though, but I just don't know if I want to try to make it work for this.  You can see in the close-up pictures how it's just a little lumpy.        Sooooo...


    What to do?  I have a dress that is identical to the blue-green one that I wore for my recital this spring, except it is all white.  I might where that one.   Or I have a red one that my mom would need to do a little altering on... (fortunately she is good at that).  But somehow I don't know if red is quite the right color for the Ravel concerto, or maybe just not for this performance, I don't know. 

Anyway, I guess I'll figure it out.  I'll have to where something, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment