Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Thursday, December 8, 2011

San Francisco trip

I got back from my trip to San Francisco on Sunday afternoon... I had a bunch of pictures on my phone that I was going to post on here, but when I tried to transfer them to my computer, somehow they all got deleted!!!  I'm not happy about that.

But, Hannah played beautifully in her concert Saturday night (I had pictures of that too!!!).   I'm glad I got to hear her.   Now I have to get ready because I'll be on the next symphony concert in February!

I had two lessons with Paul and a lesson with Jane while I was there.  It was so fun.

Jane had a really busy schedule and she wanted me to come to her house for a lesson on Saturday morning.  But since she lives in Oakland it was going to be very difficult for me to get there, so she and her husband picked me up after she was done at the conservatory on Friday night, and they drove me to their house where I spent the night to have a lesson the next day.   But I forgot my bag at the conservatory that had all my music and clothes and everything!  So Jane gave me a toothbrush and toothpaste and lent me one of her nighties to sleep in.    We talked a lot -- and I woke up Saturday morning to a breakfast of tea and bacon and scones that they had made.  It was so lovely.  

Jane told me when I first saw her at the conservatory Friday night that the voice faculty had watched my pre-screening audition video earlier that day and that I was accepted for an audition in the spring.  So that makes me happy!  I asked her how much of my audition they watched (because I had to submit three different recordings), and she said they only watched the "Der holle rache" by Mozart (the Queen of the Night's aria from the Magic Flute).   She said the faculty decided I could come after they heard only my first three notes, and they were going to stop the video, but Jane told them no, she wanted to hear the high notes and made them listen to more of it!!  Of course I'm assuming they probably knew that Jane had worked with me before and was interested in having me for a student, which of course doesn't hurt in obtaining an audition....

  For the rest of the time I was stayed at my friend Dhivya's apartment, and on Saturday night Paul and Yoshi took us out to dinner before Hannah's concert.   Then at 4:30 a.m. on Sunday morning I was on a Super Shuttle back to the airport, and Monday morning I was teaching again back in Billings.... 

      Now, tomorrow is the last day of classes at MSUB.  And then next week I have to give a test and play for some juries.   But then it will be Christmas break, thank heaven!   Then I will be able to get some good practicing done....I'm so excited! 

        Oh, I think I am going to post the video that Jane said they watched for my audition.  I uploaded it to Youtube a while ago, but I haven't made it "Public"  because my teacher in L.A. didn't think it was at quite a high enough performance level to post.  But I will post it here.  On the last high "F", I kind of squeeze that last note out and then I smile and break my character.... so that's one of the problems.  But, a lot of the other singing is pretty good.  Jane did say to me, "It wasn't bad!  It wasn't bad at all..."



        Goodnight! 

                          


No comments:

Post a Comment