Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Monday, August 26, 2013

Good News

Today (well I guess technically now it's yesterday) I got some good news!   Last week I auditioned for all of the vocal ensembles at the conservatory... and today I found out that I got a major role in the Baroque Opera!  It will be performed this coming spring.   I am so excited.   I will sing the role of "Romilda" in the opera Serse by Handel.  I have been dreaming of singing with the Baroque Ensemble since I first moved to San Francisco to study piano about three years ago... and now at last I get to participate fully.

Do you know what else that means?  This will be my first time ever singing with an orchestra!   Of course, I have already played piano with orchestras many times before, but now I will sing.  That makes me so happy.

We will start rehearsals and coachings almost immediately.... our first meeting will be Friday of next week.

I am so excited!!!!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment