Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Videos!

A few of them... a couple of old recordings, a couple of new ones...

This first video (well, actually, just audio) is from a performance I gave several years ago, which I was always too embarrassed to put online anywhere because of the mistakes I made in it.  But I just listened to it again for the first time in a long time, and I realized that in spite of some things that are messy... it overall was an effective performance.  


These next two videos are from my opera direction class that I took last semester. The first one I am playing one of the wicked stepsisters in Isouard's rendition of Cinderella.  My director decided to put a modern spin on it - So in this scene my sister and I have just received notice (via text!) that we are invited to the prince's ball.  We are excitedly exercising to prepare ourselves, whilst arguing about who the prince will like better.  My sister, Thisbe, with her dancing, or me, with my singing!  

Here I play a famous Spanish dancer who has just performed for the King, but a young pageboy falls in love with me and is wooing me from my garden window...



And this is a song from the recital I gave at the end of last year at the conservatory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment