Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Vaudeville?!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while on my blog!  School has been keeping me soooo busy.  

I started a new wonderful thing last week...  Jazz lessons!   Yes, I am taking jazz lessons on Saturdays from now on, from a man named J.R. Bennett.    I'm excited about it - but I'm so bad at it right now.  I hear things I want to play in my head, but they don't come out in my fingers.   I hope I will be able to improve quickly.   I just wish so badly that I had perfect pitch!!   Maybe one day.

 I also got offered a job on Saturdays helping to teach little tiny kids gymnastics.  Isn't that funny?  I am hoping I will be able to trade the help I am giving for gymnastic lessons for myself.  That would be fun.

Aaaaand.... I have a crazy gig coming up, one that is unlike anything I have ever done before.  I am performing the piano (and maybe singing) in a Vaudeville show.   With dancers, magicians, acrobats, and silent Charlie Chaplin short films.      My job will be to accompany EVERYTHING on the piano, including the magicians, the dancers, the acrobats, and the silent films.   And I have to IMPROVISE.   I'm not kidding you.   I'm so afraid!  

I have so much music to practice.

I had a lesson today with Paul and I was telling him about the show and he said he wants to come because it sounds so interesting, haha!     So I'd better get it together. That's going to be on the 16th.

Anyway, I should probably go and get to work.  

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment