Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Friday, September 3, 2010

Chamber music!

Yesterday I attended my first chamber music class - and I got assigned to a group - a piano quintet (two violinists, a violist, a cellist, and me!).   I have been hoping to be able to play the Dvorak quintet in A major for quite some time, but I have never had a group to play it with.  After our group was assigned, we talked with each other about repertoire  and I was very happy to find out that everybody in the group (not just me!) wanted to play the Dvorak.  It will be fun - but now I am a little stressed because they also informed us in class that my group will be playing on the very first master class of the semester, for Gilbert Kalish on September 28th.  That means we have to learn the piece FAST.

Here is the bio of Yoshi, our group's chamber music coach: http://www.sfcm.edu/faculty/nagai.aspx 
(He also has a website at yoshinagai.com).  He seems like he will be fun to work with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment