Explore other views of this blog: www.jacquelynweitz.blogspot.com/view

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New York, New York

As of last night at 6:15pm... All of my auditions are officially finished!   This makes me very very happy.  Yesterday at 4 pm I auditioned at the Mannes New School for Music, and then at 6 pm the Manhattan School of Music.  I was so wound up afterwards that I stayed up until 2:45 in the morning talking to my mom and my friends and my teacher on the phone about how things went... And then I had to get up at 3:30 am with my dad to catch the shuttle to the airport at 4:00 am so that we could catch our flight out of JFK airport by 6:00 am...   It was crazy.  We made it home at 1:00 pm, then we got lunch at Subway and I went to teach from 3:30 until 6:30 pm. 

Needless to say, I'm pretty tired. But I'm also soooo HAPPY.   Auditions are finished... And now I just need to wait and see what happens...

My audition at Mannes did not go as well as I would have liked... I played a number of wrong notes in the opening of the last movement of Petrouchka (not good...).  I believe it would have been a strong audition if not for that.  My audition at the Manhattan School of Music on the other hand went incredibly well... It seemed almost magical in the hall during my audition. The piano was extremely responsive, so I could play very very softly without losing the tone (which of course helps tremendously!!!).   I wish it could have been the same at Mannes... but I guess you can't have everything all the time -- or at least all of the sudden or all at once. Progress has to happen gradually.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what offers come up.  Right now I am just so relieved.

goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment